This crochet pattern is a fun and whimsical patter to make with your kids or to give as fun gifts. Who couldn’t use “another”refrigerator magnet! The wonderful thing about this refrigerator magnet is that it was hand made by you and it came from the heart. Below you will find the instructions to make your very own butterfly refrigerator magnets to give to all your friends and family! Happy Crocheting!
Instructions for Butterfly Refrigerator Magnets
· Row 1: ch 6, sl st in 1st ch to close circle
· Row 2: ch 3 (will act as 1st dc) wk 2 dc in circle, ch 1 *wk 3 dc in center hole, ch 1* repeat from * to * 7 times (total of 8 sets of 3 dc with 1 ch st separating ea. Set of 3 dc), sl st in top of ch 3 to close, sl st over to ch 1 sp
· Row 3: ch 3 (will act as 1st dc) wk 2 dc in ch 1 sp, ch 2, wk 3 dc in same ch 1 sp, ch 1, *wk 3 dc in nest ch 1 sp, ch 2 wk 3 dc in same sp, ch 1*, repeat from * to * 7 times, sl st close in top of ch 3, sl st through next 2 dc until close…finish off. Join new color, sl knot, sl st in ch I sp
· Row 4: ch 3 (acts as 1stdc), wk 7 dc in ch 1 sp, *sc in ch 2 sp, wk 8 dc in ch 1 sp* repeat from * to*, sl st in top of ch 3, sl st to point of 8 dc. Cut yarn, sl st to finish off.
· Fold flower in half to get the butterfly look
· Take pipe cleaner & fold in half, insert butterfly into fold of pipe cleaner, twist to close
· Take ends of pipe cleaner and cur the tips to form tops of antennas
· Add 4 adhesive magnets to back of magnet
· Place on refrigerator